Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Summer 2013 Update Part 1

Just going through my posts in Facebook I am trying to update what we did this last summer. It seems like forever ago.

Hunter and McKadie took swimming lessons. Hunter improved leaps and bounds from being terrified of water years ago to now jumping off the diving board as if it were nothing.

Natasha and Nathan separated and divorced. It was sad but I think a good move for both of them. Nathan moved back to California and Natasha lives with mom and dad here in American Fork. She has a boyfriend named Matt who is very sweet and good to her.

Sadie became part of a city softball league with American Fork and Pleasant Grove Cities. The fun part was that her team won the city tournament, the sad part is she was at girls camp when it happened.

Sadie had her first official babysitting job in May which was fun. She kept asking why no one would call her to babysit. So for most of the summer she racked up quite the allowance babysitting for a family in our ward until they had a new baby just over a month ago. It seems like that is heavy in the air because there are now 3 new babies in my 1/2 block radius and at least 1 to 2 more on the way, not including family members who are expecting.

In May baby brother Colton turned 23, I think:) and his cute little wife but a nice BBQ together with Katrina for him. Again pictures speak louder then words.

Pictures of the Brady's adorned the trees in honor of them not being there.







This is when the fun started, mom stuffed the cake in his face....then the real cake war began...


We had a lot of fun.

Mindy and Seth along with my 3 nieces and little nephew were able to come home to the states this summer. We spent a lot of time playing and wearing ourselves ragged trying to catch up on time lost.
Because they got here early in the summer, Kenya was able to go to girls camp with Sadie. I don't have any pictures yet but will put some up when I do.

We went to Seven Peaks, I hadn't been since I was a kid, and we hit Trafalga a few times too.
The kids loved Seven Peaks and so did the guys. The Mommas took some time having fun playing on the slides and playing in the lazy river with the babies.


This is McKadie and Navi collecting all of the abandoned floats. 




Love the lazy river and waterproof  cameras.

Trafalga in American Fork has so much more to offer then the one in Orem. We love the 4D coasters in Orem, but the wall climbing, the rides and the laser tag are our favorites in American Fork.
The older kids got in the boat rafts and soaked us on the side lines. It was a good laugh. 


Here are some pictures of us saying good bye to the Brady "bunch" before they head back to AZ at the end of the summer.





They are now stationed at Luke Air Force Base in Phoenix Arizona.
Here are some pictures of things we did this summer.

Like I said in an earlier post I did get a job in May but was fired on December 3rd due to missing too much work for health problems.

No comments: