Saturday, October 11, 2008

This is us...crazy and zaney and fun!

We seem to be getting busier and busier the older the kids get. It's a blast, stressful and sad all at the same time. Hunter will be 7 this next week and I can't believe how fast time has flown by. So the story of the above picture. Sadie was involved in a program at school where they teach kids to protect themselves and respect others. There is a lot of information behind the program but I am so impressed for what it has done for Sadie. And Hunter will have the opportunity to take that same program this year. So on Friday she had her graduation from this RADS program. Brian and I are so proud of her. Watch the video below to see her in action. Brian was able to make it which wasn't planned. He had his last day working at the soccer stadium on Friday. For now he will be doing cell sites again which means more out of town work. It makes me sad to have him gone but I won't cry and whine. My father in law has been staying with us for like the last 2 months and hasn't seen my mother in law, but you have to do what you gotta do to make ends meet, unfortunately. So Hunter is totally bummed because daddy won't be here for his birthday but we will survive, we always do, and grandpa is here so we will have some priesthood authority in the house, which is a huge blessing for my peace of mind.
This is Pumpkin Head Harold. He sits on our front porch 24/7, what a lazy guy he is. He just sits there all day and watches people and cars. I guess they keep him entertained enough because he is still out there even when it is 32 degrees outside...by the way it is COLD. It came so fast, total Utah weather craziness.
This is my friendly little ghost and my casper pumpkin head, little brother to Harold. They light my porch at night so all the little witches and wizards can find their way to my home. So cute!!! Thanks aunt Grace!
This is my cool spooky haunted house that adorns my mantle in the living room. It is cool because when it is on at night it makes the glass pains on my front door look like they are blinking eye balls from outside. So fun. I love Halloween.
This is my sweet baby yesterday digging in my lid drawer. She found something to keep her entertained. No she is not strong enough to pull the drawer out, I did it so she would quit smashing her fingers in the drawer. What a cutie.

And this is the video of my Sadie kicking butt or something close to that region. Heaven help anyone who tries to snatch her, they may be sent to the hospital to have something surgically extracted...lol sorry I couldn't help myself. Please forgive me. Anyways, mute the Halloween Music so you can hear her yell at him.

Make it a festive Halloween. Have fun and don't let the cute little creatures and goblins scare you into staying home. Now what fun would that be?

5 comments:

Farr Family said...

You go Sadie! It's a good thing he had padding or he'd be singing soprano!

Grandma said...

Way to go Sadie Spring! I love you!

Anonymous said...

Sadie, you go girl!!!!!!!! Wow, I am so proud of you. You are a toughie. I am so glad that you learned to protect yourself. I love you,

Grammy Gillman

tHEsIXpACK said...

LOL good Job Sade! LOL

Brad Hanks said...

that was awesome. there is really nothing more to say on that...