Tuesday, September 12, 2006

I spoke to the PTA President...

After an hour long conversation, split into two sessions:), Mindy and I have been invited to the PTA Board meeting on Thursday. It would seem that there are other safety issues that have been brewing and that this incident just might up the annty(sp?) and if it doesn't I will be sure to find a way that it will. I have also left messages with my schools PTA and am diving into this headfirst. I didn't think I could be one to make a difference but my opinion of that is starting to change rapidly. The wrath of a mom hath no fury...is that how it goes?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think your doing the right thing. From what you have told me on the phone your comments were correct. You fight you don't worry about what people say you just do what is right! It is your jobs as mom's to teach and protect your children. Hold on and keep going the road may get rougher before it straightens out. Love you girls! MOM

Domestic Goddess said...

Wait to go!

I would recommend getting some notes together with examples of problems that you have noticed and the main points that you want to bring up. That way if you get flustered you won't forget everything.

It may help if you also have one or two suggestions to help the situation.

Good luck!

Tashina said...

Well we went to the meeting today and I think we got some movement forward. There were some very frustrated people because the fact is that funds aren't there and parental support isn't as strong in some schools as in others. I am mentally exhausted right now so I might update in more detail a little later. I stood up there speaking for about 45 minutes...but they got the point and I hit my main examples.