We meet with the Muscular Neurologist at Primary Children's Hospital today. He does not have Muscular Dystrophy. Thank you Heavenly Father. However he does have a Metabolic Myopathy of some sort. There are several different kinds and now he is undergoing more tests to determine which one it might be. Well while we are in the dr's office and I am being asked all of these questions about Hunter I keep thinking that McKadie applies to a lot of what she is telling me. So not only did I go away from Hunter's apt. today knowing that my son will have to deal with this muscle disease his entire life, but now my daughter will too. No blood work has been done on her yet but the dr. seems confident that whatever the outcome for Hunter is will most likely be the outcome for McKadie.
And yet another challenge in this life we have to bear. But Brian and I are optimistic. It's not Muscular Dystrophy. I don't think this will be lethal, it will just limit his and her physical activity, which it already does. We WILL get through this. We WILL survive this. We WILL have faith that there is a greater plan for us that we are not aware of. I strongly believe that Heavenly Father will never give us a challenge or trial we are not able to bear.
6 comments:
This is the first I have heard of this. I am glad to hear that you guys are taking this so well in stride. We will keep you in our prayers.
I"m so glad he's okay! I love you my Hunter- Tasha
Tashina! You are so strong! You have the cutest kids, and they are so big! Good luck with your surgery, and congrats on the tooth!
love, kodi
Kayden's problems are of a muscular nature too. We have yet to pinpoint the exact problem. Even afte YEARS of tests. Blah.
I'm glad it wasn't MD!
Wow, I had no idea any of this was going on but have been going back and reading your blog. He's such a sweet boy. I'm glad he's ok, and I'll look forward to hearing more updates on him. Take care. Natalie
Post a Comment