Wednesday, August 13, 2008

A quick note...

The last few days have been a huge step up on the road to recovery. I was completely off all pain pills except naproxen as of Sunday and I feel wonderful. I hate that drugged out feeling, yuck. Anyways, we started a new HRT (hormone replacement therapy) yesterday to try and help with the side effects of surgical menopause. They also gave me a script for a sleeping pill, I haven't been able to fall asleep earlier than 3 am since the surgery and it was wearing my nerves thin. So last night I had the best night sleep in a long long time. I loaded the dish washer today which was a thrill:) only because I am on my way to taking back the house mommy style:) I have also been making frequent trips up and down the stairs with ease!!! Tomorrow I will drive:) yeah!!! I have my 2 week checkup and will take Sadie and Hunter for some last minute school shopping, and yes I will be in a motorized cart, no need to push it too far. All I need is to get stuck in the back of Wally World and pooped out beyond help. So until then have a great evening and a big thank you to all of those who came to see me in the hospital:
Mom-Thank you for making sure everything was always ok and that I was taken care of.
Dad-Thank you for the beautiful cards dad, you haven't lost your touch!
Brian-I love you so much!!!
Sadie
Hunter
McKadie-there is nothing that makes me feel a ton better than seeing my kids and my sweetheart...
Mom-Christie-thank you to you and Missy for helping with my kids.
Dad-Garth(thanks for helping Brian with the blessing)
Missy
Natasha-thanks for waiting with everyone while I was in surgery, you are the greatest!
Luwain
Dawn-the best visiting teachers ever, except Stephanie H.:)!!!
Kristen-it meant the world to me that you took time out to come and see me, I miss you tons!!! And that baby of yours is a doll, so much like my Mickey...
Katrina-between mom and dad living with me at the hospital you came to see me the most, it was great to have someone to pass the time with, love you Sissy.
Mallory
Hallie
Lincoln-thank you for the cards and the monkey they were my favorites by far...
my awesome nurses
and I am sorry if you came to see me and I forgot to add you...

4 comments:

Erica Hanks said...

Yay! I think the motorized cart is a good idea. I went into Big Lots after my surgery and after about 5 minutes, I died. It totally freaked me out. I thought i was going to have to call Dave to come get me.

Be careful girlie!

Anonymous said...

lOVE YOU! GLAD YOUR FEELING BETTER.

Katrina said...

Have fun school shopping! I hope you can get some rest and actually enjoy it!

Susan said...

I am glad you are feeling better. I want you to know that I honestly looked you up here at the hospital, but you weren't registered as a patient at all. Did you have your surgery at TRH or UVRMC?