Monday, September 21, 2009

Lots of fall fun!

We harvested a lot from our garden yesterday, so can you guess what we did with it?

We had onions, carrots, tomatoes, squash, corn, zucchini, and 4 different kinds of peppers.

For part of our food storage, we have been wanting to get a canning set for a really long time. We were able to do so about a month ago, and yesterday was the first day it came out of the box. I have only canned once so this was totally new to me. Thanks to Brian's aunt Chyleen, I was able to can 2 jars of salsa, 6 jars of zucchini, and 1 jar of carrots. On top of 5 or 6 bags of shredded zucchini for freezing.

The next thing we want to attempt is apple pie filling, applesauce, and Brian's mom gave us a recipe to make canned zucchini that tastes just like pineapple. I am very interested to try it.

This is at my nephew Jaxson's baby blessing. He is so darn loveable and I can't get enough of him, and I definately don't see him enough.

Brian was super stressed out this day, he had 1 of his 3 state tests the next day and was totally overwhelmed. I am proud to say that as of Saturday, he passed his 3rd and final test and is now a Journeyman Electrician in the state of Utah. Way to go babe!!!

Our whole family. Katrina lives in Spanish Fork and it is always windy out there, made for great picture taking!

McKadie's hair is long enough now that I was able to put pigtails, real actual pig tails, not wanna be ones where I spray her head to death with hairspray to make the hair stay in place. They looked so darn cute on her.

Gotta run to school now but I hope you enjoyed this post!

2 comments:

Katrina Witt said...

so cute. thanks for coming to his blessing. your canning looks great.

Sharr said...

uhhhhhhh is it just me or does brian all the sudden look exactly like lance? did he recently undergo chemo?

great work on your canning... i've never done zucchini, let me know how it tastes.