Saturday, November 01, 2008

Happy Halloween!!!

Last night was Halloween!!! First off Happy November 1st. Secondly, what a blast, as always. Thirdly, Brian passed his final yesterday(it was a HUGE Stresser at our home) and now he is able to take his Journeyman's Exam to become an officially licensed electrician. I am so proud of him. So this is how our night went, sorry the pictures are out of order. But essentially, Brian and I went to my little sister's work with McKadie for their annual trick or treat for the kids of family member's that work there.
Mom and dad went too, and Katrina and Mindy went later with their kids but we missed them because we had to get to the kids school for their Halloween Costume Parade.
They looked great and Brian didn't even recognize Hunter...it was so funny.
When Hunter was getting ready for school and I took his picture, he was making the scariest faces he possibly could. It was funny. He took his character very seriously.
Sadie was the cutest cat I had ever seen...of course:)
And McKadie was the cutest dog by far.
After all the nights events(trunk or treat, trick or treating, visiting my grandma, visiting Brian's grandma and family, washing off all the makeup, Brian turning my shower black:)) we went to dinner with some friends to celebrate Brian passing his test. It was so much fun and we had some good laughs. When we arrived home however, we had discovered that our house had been egged while we were away. My parents were at my house with my kids and they didn't hear anything. Our friends daughter said that she heard a girl screaming out in the street and acting all crazy. We filed a police report and they encouraged us to report any activity at any time to keep our neighborhood safe. Brian and I were outside until after midnight, in the rain, spraying and scrubbing off the egg to the best we could. There is still a bunch of egg all over the outside of the house. Thank heavens nothing was broken, but I did have to throw away my witch decoration becasue she was dowsed in egg. So when we woke up this morning, we saw that there were broken pumpkins all over the neighborhood. What a crummy way to end a great and fun day. Oh well. It was a chance to teach our kids that vandalizing is against the law and it is very wrong. We also gave them a strong warning that if we ever caught them doing something like that, they would be taken by daddy to the house to clean it and then to the police station to report what they had done. I know it is a strong threat, but i think they got the point.
So we hope you had a wonderful Halloween and a wonderful start to your November.

This is Nathan trying to scare Navi, she just kept staring and scooting away from him. Very funny.
My parents with all 10 grandkids and my baby sister aka Morticia.

My dad the Russian(his original costume became too hot and a big burden) and my mom, the pioneer from the dead or Morticia's mother.

Morticia (Natasha) and the Bum (Nathan).

The Gillman's: The Cat, The 80's chic, the dog, and the 2 lethal vampires.

Hunter in his vampire attire in the costume parade.

Sadie the cat in her parade.

Our friend's daughter Brianna. What a cute witch.

I don't know who this kid is but I loved his creativity in his costume. None of the kids knew what he was, but the adults all got a good laugh out of it.

Indiana Jones (our cousin Austin).

Brianna's little sister Rachel aka Elizabeth Swan.

My cute little puppy dog.

My parents, and this is dad in his original costume.
Before school the cute little kittie cat.
And the very scary little vampire.

6 comments:

Katrina Witt said...

great pictures. im really sorry about your house.

Anonymous said...

the afrow kid is richard simmons!

Erica Hanks said...

The richard simmons kid cracks me up!! For a second I thought he was napoleon dynamite!

Breanne said...

So fun!! You look good in your family pic, have you lost more weight??
Surprisingly I saw a bunch of people as Richard Simmons, but they were all adults! So funny!

The P*dunc's said...

you make the rockinest 80's chic ever! everyone looks so spooky and great! mickey-d is the cutest dog that I have ever seen.

The P*dunc's said...

and that really sucks about your house. i hope it doesn't smell bad.