Sunday, November 28, 2010

We have added to our family...

So in the spring we had to say goodbye to a family member, our Husky, Crystal. We gave her to a loving home that could give her the care we couldn't. It was complicated but we made the right choice.
Well about a month or so later Gretchen, our chocolate lab, starting acting really down and depressed. She wasn't eating well, wasn't sleeping well, and was acting as if she had never been potty trained...quite frustrating. I was getting really nervous and then realized it all started after we lost Crystal.
So Brian and I decided that we would search for the right puppy, not just any puppy or mut, but the right one.
A few months later I came upon an ad in KSL which had puppies for free listed. There weren't any pictures but after I spoke to the woman Brian and I decided we needed to go and see. When we got there the whole liter scattered, I have never seen puppies act like that before. They were hiding in holes, under benches that had stuff all over them, under rose bushes and just were scared to death.
We had only planned on looking at them and maybe getting one. We ended up with two. I would have taken all of them if I could. It was a very hard first few days. We had to hand feed and water them. They would hide in whatever corner they could find and shook so badly.
I don't know if they were abused or just severely neglected.
They have now found a very special place in our hearts and home. Gretchen is doing much much better and has been quite the mommy to the pups. It is amazing the change that has taken place.
So please meet Tennyson, blue collar, and Bella, purple collar.
Their mom is a small runt sized black lab, and the dad is 1/2 chihuahua and 1/2 York Shire Terrier. So they should stay pretty small.
Tennyson is definately the more mellow of the two and is Brian's pup. Bella is the kids pup and she is the more social of the two.
People think we are crazy but I can't help it. I can't stand to see animals suffering. They are doing pretty well with the potty training and once they get passed the chewing on things I will be happy as a clam.

1 comment:

chris g said...

What happened to the little dog you had at the reunion?