Wednesday, March 23, 2011

My Bug

This is a post dedicated to my sweet Bug. She just turned 11 and is growing into such a beautiful young lady. She has the biggest heart and her favorite thing to receive is hugs. She will hug everyone, except strangers:) Her next favorite thing is babies. The minute a baby enters the room, she will be the first to ask if she can hold it. She is great with babies and little kids. Her newest adventure is learning to babysit. We are going to get her signed up for a babysitting class and get her certified in CPR and First Aid. She is now in 5th grade and her grades are wonderful. If they start to slip she is really great about getting on top of it and brings them right back up.
I think if you asked her what her favorite thing to do is, she would tell you that it is singing. That girl has a voice too. Plus she has this gift of memorizing lyrics so she can sing everything. She also loves playing the piano. The few times that she has spent time with her Grammy, Grammy has taught her how to play some here and there and Sadie picks up on it pretty well. So she received the family keyboard as a personal gift, she is the only one that plays it anyways:)
She is super helpful around the house and is always the first to jump in without being asked. She is getting ready to take her first trip to Clear Creek. I can't believe she is old enough to be going. I remember my first trip in 5th grade. To me she is just my little girl, but when I thought back to what was going on in my life at her age, I had the biggest crush on a boy that lived around the corner from my grandparents, was so worried about what the other girls thought about me. It was a big wake up call for me to realize that she isn't little anymore. She is going to be in young womens in a year.
We had to have a long talk the other day because of her family situation. She gets mixed signals from her other mom and it really frustrates her. I am so glad that she is comfortable talking to me.
One of my top 5 memories was being able to sit across the alter in the sealing room with Brian and Sadie and having her sealed to our family. I love her so much and I am extremely blessed to have her in my life and to be able to call her my daughter.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love sadie too! She is amazing and I just feakin love her! She is so sweet and thoughtful, i just wish she was around the family more