Saturday, July 19, 2008

The final decision...

After lots of praying and soul searching Brian and I have decided to go ahead with the hysterectomy. It has been a very difficult decision to make, I am only 27 and have 3 kids when we would have like 4. I have come to an understanding in my life that even though I have things planned out for myself, that is not always what Heavenly Father has in His plans for us. So we meet with the Doctor yesterday, I am nervous as would happen with any surgery but I am also at peace with our decision. I requested to have the surgery done asap so that it won't interfere with the kids schooling which starts mid August. There is a 6-8 week healing period, I have had abdominal surgeries before and they are definately a little harder to recover from, you forget how much you use your stomach muscles until they have been cut apart. I will post an update later and after much thought I have also decided to start a personal blog of some sort. I need an outlet, whether anyone reads it or not is not important, I just need to be able to have a place to vent where I won't feel persecuted and where people are able to comment if they want.

3 comments:

Katrina Witt said...

relax. bring me the kiddos.

The P*dunc's said...

oh my. I am glad that you feel at peace with this decision. I hope that everything goes well.

I will pick this bone with you: You are probably going to have it when I am in Utah, huh? I know you plan things this way. I know you don't want to spend good, quality time with me. Why do you hate me? Why do you avoid me like you do? ;p

You know I am joking and that I love you to death!!!!!

Erica Hanks said...

It'll be great! Wish I lived closer so I could help out with the kids!