Thursday, July 24, 2008

It's a comin'...

So we are at the countdown now. We were waiting for the official date and time and so here it comes. The last Wednesday of July I will be having a total hysterectomy and I have a lot going through my head. Right now it's almost 1 in the morning, I am up because I don't sleep very well with the pain I am in, yeah you would think that taking the pain meds would knock me out...I wish it would at this point. So I lay here in my bed with my trusty laptop and I listen to my sweetheart gently breathing. I hear Sadie talking in her sleep across the hall. McKadie stirs every once in a while and Hunter is just as peaceful as ever. It's the night of the 24th...a very special holiday to all of us Utahns...and so every now and then I am hearing the firecrackers and such go off. But how grateful I am. How blessed I am. I have so many things to be grateful for. I want to say how grateful I am for our Heritage on this special day.
So because I have so many thoughts of gratitude right now I want to take advantage of it. First of all I come from a long line of extremely strong and courageous women. What a blessing I have had to meet a lot of them. I am the oldest grandchild on both sides of my family and was priviledged to meet both of my great grandparents and my great great grandparents. I was born to great parents. I love them both dearly and am so grateful for all they have sacrificed on my behalf. Love you mom and dad.
The picture that was taken in the early 70's is a picture of my mom, my grandma, my great grandma and my great great grandma. I just love it, the other lady is my great great aunt or something like that. I also included a picture of me and my sisters because not only am I grateful for my Heritage but I am also grateful to be a woman in these last days. I am grateful for the strong and vailant women I get to serve with in the gospel, in my family and in my community. I am grateful for 2 little women that I have the opportunity to raise and I only hope that I can raise them to the expectation of our Heavenly Father.
Another thing I am grateful for is modern medicine and if I had a picture of my OB I would put it on here. He is a long friend of my husbands family and has been absolutely wonderful through everything in the last 2 years that I have seen him. What a blessing it is to have anesthesia so we don't have to suffer like Joseph Smith did when he was about to have his leg removed. How blessed we are to have pain medicine to ease the suffering of illness and recovery. How blessed we are to have modern day facilities to be able to recover in where we are safe from outside germs and disease. How blessed we are to have the technology available to us to help discover and diagnose disease and illness.
I have so much to be grateful for and I have barely even touched the top of it...but with what I have said, and I know I started off by announcing my surgery, but I want to end it by saying that I hope you all had a wonderful Pioneer Day.
Like I tell my kids, remember who you are, where you came from and why you are here. Remember you are loved and that you do matter.
Happy Pioneer Day!!!

3 comments:

Natalie said...

Hey, It's Natalie. I saw your blog on the Durfey reunion blog. Good luck with your surgery. I'll be thinking of you. Take care of yourself. I guess that means you won't be coming to the reunion. We'll miss you. Hope all is well. Do you care if I add you to my friends list on my blog?

Breanne said...

I pray that all will go well on Wednesday. Keep me updated.

Tashina said...

Natalie go ahead and add me but you have to give me your blog address unless I find it on my own first. Yeah unfortunately I will be missing it again this year. We need to get it done soon so it won't interfere with the kids school as much. Lots of love and give that little guy of yours a big hug from me:)