
I have to give a huge thank you to Katrina and my mom. They have been great. On Tuesday and Thursday this last week, to give me a break, Brian would drop the kids off at my mom's house and then my mom would get them ready and to school and Katrina would pick them up. Brian would stop by on his way home and grab them. So thank you and thank you in advance for the next couple of weeks as well. I can't wait until I am allowed to do my normal things, like cleaning and picking up McKadie. I have to also thanks Sadie. What a great girl/s I have. Sadie totes McKadie around the house for me. Whether it is taking her to her high chair, her crib, her play pin or whatever she is always ready and willing. And thank heavens she is big enough to help me out or I think Brian would be going absolutely out of his mind.
So what have I been doing, when I am doing whatever it is I do?
Well I have had this long list of to do's for a really long time that I haven't touched, and of course they all require minimal physical activity. I have been down in my office organizing paperwork, cleaning off my desk, working on my computers, watching movies, and lots and lots of reading. This week I am thinking I will try and do some sewing, my son is in desperate need of pj's. His growth spurt has left all of his pj pants halfway up his shins and his long sleeve shirts almost up to his elbows and an exposed belly button. My hardest thing is that sitting for long periods of time wears me out like no other and I get so engulfed in what I am doing that I don't realize how long I have been sitting. So this week I am working on moderation in all things!
Now the next hard step will be once I get the go ahead for all things normal in the life of me as mommy and wife, will I be able to apply the breaks when necessary. I tend to go overboard when I want to do something. I have a hard time doing things, unless it is crafts, halfway without finishing. So my hopeful list of things to be done after September 11th:
Dead head rose bushes, prune shrubs, weed, dust(and not with the can of air like I have been doing:)), sweep, mop, vaccum, scrub, from top to bottom. Do you see where I could get ahead of myself? And that is only the cleaning end of things, not including any other activities or duties like blogging(which I will try really hard not to get behind on), dejunking, birthdays, and so on.
Speaking of birthdays, McKadie will be 1 in just over a week. Holy COW! Where has this last year gone? Then in October, Hunter will be 7. And then of course we have the holiday season that is sneaking up on us. I have to tell you how excited I am about the holidays. First of all my absolute favorite holidays are Halloween and Christmas. Now I am not a Halloween fan when it comes to super scarry or freaky. I really enjoy the holiday for the fun creativity it can allow. As an adult I still dress up every year.
This is last year, what a blast!!! We decided we know Brian looks super freaky as this ghoul guy but I have to tell you it comes in super handy when you want to sneak up on a few teenagers here and there, sorry but it's gotta come with the age thing. We absolutely DO NOT SCARE LITTLE KIDS, I refuse, unless it's my kids and their cousins. They would all of a sudden get lost in whatever it was they were doing, maybe Trick-or-Treating, and Brian would go hide and then pop out. They tried to keep an eye out to see if he had disapeared and where he could be hiding. What a blast... But the teenagers, they are just asking for it. 
So anyways, one of my favorite things about the holidays is the decorating and the feeling of fall. I love the change in the leaves and the peacefulness that comes to the end of a busy summer. The air changes, the atmosphere, LOVE IT! And on top of that I have inherited A LOT of new decorations from Brian's grandma's and my great aunt. And now that I have a house plenty big enough I will be able to use all of them. So excited, can you tell?
Okay, I will stop here...but did I mention I made it to church today? I made it all the way until about the last 20 minutes and then I had to come home, maybe next week I will be able to make it all the way thru.
No comments:
Post a Comment