Saturday, May 14, 2011

Daddy

So Daddy aka Brian, has left the world of construction, somewhat permanently. After being out of work for over a year he felt that going back to construction was not a great choice. When we started with the idea of him going into life as a paramedic he became extremely excited about the options as a person in the medical field.
Being a Paramedic didn't pan out. So then he wanted to look into being a Respiratory Therapist which wasn't a great idea because Brian didn't feel confident in taking classes online. (The RT program is offered through Weber State University so classes would have to be taken online). Our final decision was that Brian was going to enter the filed of Nursing.
He was able to get a job working at Deseret Industries and they have helped put him through the CNA program. He has two weeks left and is finishing his last clinical tonight.
He has fallen in love with this work and loves caring for the patients and/or residents. In August he will be going back to school to start finishing his pre-req's for the Nursing program at UVU.
We are extremely excited. I will be going back as well. Initially I was going into the RT program. Unfortunately I'm not comfortable with my physical condition in caring (lifting, pushing, moving, etc.) for patients as an RT or other type of hands on medical care.
So I revisited a professor that I had taken a life prep class for last year. I trust this gal tremendously and for the last year and a half she has encouraged me to look into the work as a social worker. This has always been an idea in the back of my mind, but never seriously considered it. My biggest thing is that I really want to work in a hospital. So Brian and I talked it over and I am going to work on a degree in social work. I want to be that person who came in and spoke with my family after dad had his stroke, or after my brother-in-law was nearly killed in a semi-accident, or when my grandma was on her last leg of her battle with cancer.
With all that said, we have had to purchase some scrubs for Brian and McKadie got a pair too:)


2 comments:

The P*dunc's said...

I think you have both met your match, finally. Perfect for both your personalities. Good luck!

Anonymous said...

She is so cute in those! Good job brian!!!