Saturday, May 14, 2011

Mother's Day 2011

Saturday Brian and Hunter came home from the store with some goodies for mommy. Hunter had a box of special chocolates, sugar free of course, and a bouquet of assorted carnations and very vibrant colored flowers. Brian gave me a dozen beautiful red roses and two pack so kit kats, which are my favorite but I shared almost all of them. Thank you to my two favorite men!
I don't have any pictures, I was too busy crocheting. We were able to make it to all 3 meetings at church, which is a miracle in and of itself. McKadie sang with the Primary kids the very first time. She had no idea what the words to the song were but sang her very own song for me at the top of her lungs. I could hear her specifically all the way towards the back. So cute. And she kept making hand gestures to me, like thumbs up and I love you. So funny.
Sadie was with her mom this weekend too so it really bummed me out because it seems like the last couple of holidays she has been gone.
Anyways, we went to my mom and dad's house. Dad and Jon and Brian did all of the cooking and cleaning and I was so proud of my dad. He really put a lot of effort into making it a nice day for all of us.
We got to skype with my sister and her family in Germany for many hours. This was probably one of my most tender moments of the day. There was a lot of "stuff" going on and I never really got to say good bye to them. It's been almost a year since I have been able to talk to most of them. I miss my nieces and nephew horribly and I miss my sister even though we don't agree on much. But she is my sister, a part of me and I love her with all of my heart. I am so grateful for her husband who has been such a rock for her and a support. He has also been a great daddy to all 4 of the kids and hasn't played favorites even though technically only two of them are biologically his. They are all his as far as I am concerned.
Anyways, I got to talk to everyone in Deutschland except my cute little nephew who was in bed asleep (8 hours time difference).
We came home just in time to meet Sadie who started throwing up in the car with her mom on her way home to us. Poor thing was out for 2 days. She is much better now, but passed it on to her baby sister who is on her 2nd day of not feeling so well.

I had a wonderful Mother's Day and I am so so so so blessed.

No comments: