Saturday, May 14, 2011

Hope of America Performance

As a 5th grader Sadie was able to perform in this years Hope Of America Student Showcase. Brian was in school so he wasn't able to make it but the kids and I really enjoyed it and wished that Brian could have been there. I became emotional several times. I couldn't be prouder to be an American. So please enjoy the pictures. The performance took place at the BYU Mariott Center.

This group was fun to watch. The guy with the beige pants and white shirt right in front of the camera man is an RM in our ward. It was great seeing people that we knew all over in the performance.
So this gentleman came all the way from Logan. If this is the guy that I think it is, then we hired him to sing at Christmas time at the Sherwood Hills Resort. I just thought it was great that I recognized a lot of the performers.
This group was fun and exhausting to watch. I remember being that young and having that kind of energy, I wish I still had it.
I am not sure what this groups name was but they were one of my favorites to watch. They were very involved with the audience and everyone loved it.
Do you see the interest in their eyes?
They were so proud of their big sister.
This little group of dancers did a great job. So fun to watch.
The entire group of students that were involved.
Hunter took this picture. I was so proud to be the daughter, grand daughter, great grand daughter and so on of a long line of Veterans. I am so proud of my brother in law who is serving our country presently. I am also grateful to all of my friends and family who are serving as well. Thank you to all of the men and women who have fought so hard for our freedoms.
This also happened to be a few days after we found out that Bin Laden had been killed.
So my Sadie is sitting in the middle section in the third red stripe about 12 rows up and 6 to 8 people in.
There were other performances that I wasn't able to get on camera because my battery died. My favorite group was a very large group of women between the ages of 50 and 94 who danced their sweet hearts out and it was so fun to watch.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

good job Sadie!! i'm so proud of you...( i would of tried to come if i KNEW this was going on)!!!