Thursday, September 11, 2008

Kids say the darndest things...

I have a funny to share with you and I hope you get a laugh out of it like the rest of us did.
A little history first of all. Last summer, about this time, we had to sit down and have the big talk about the birds and the bees with Sadie and Hunter. Something had happened in a social setting and it came to our attention that even though they are still young, they needed to hear from us and not learn it from other kids or other not so great influences. So last night...
Brian was at YM's so he missed it but I filled him in later and he got a great laugh out of it. So Garth(my father in law), McKadie, Sadie, Hunter and myself were sitting at the table having dinner. I was cooling off a potatoe for McKadie to eat and had put it in my mouth to test the temperature. I handed it to McKadie who put it in her mouth. The conversation was as follows:

Hunter: Mom you just shared your germs with McKadie.
Garth: Where do you think she got all of her germs in the first place?
Me: Hunter you have some of mommy's germs too.
Hunter: Well yeah it's because daddy squirted me into your tummy like he squirted McKadie into your tummy.
Garth: Tashina you're turning a nice shade of red.
Me(laughing hysterically and crying): He caught me off guard.

I hope that wasn't too much information but I laughed so hard. Kids say the darndest things.

3 comments:

Erica Hanks said...

You have three cute little squirts! LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL

Scott and Stefie Shoell said...

Oh my gosh that is so funny!

Susan said...

You didn't tell me this at dinner the other night. LOL funny!