Saturday, February 07, 2009

The World is Round!!!

If the world was flat I may have fallen off already:) So things have been a little crazy with life lately. I shouldn't say crazy, just busy and full. So let's start with the happenings of the youngest in the family.

McKadie...
She is a little handful and is so full of life. She loves following her daddy and big brother and sister around everywhere. She loves to stand on the stool at the bathroom sink to brush her teeth like a big girl and even taps her toothbrush on the side of the sink like daddy does to get the extra water off of it. She babbles like silence was a sin:) She is a total daddy's girl. Right now she has been dealing with a sinus infection and has been a little more clingy. My favorite thing that she does lately, is when I am doing the dishes or cooking she will run up to me and grab my legs and wrap herself around me. I am eagerly awaiting March 1st, a day early but what the hay, she will be 18 months old on the 2nd which means she gets to go to nursery. She is into everything and wants to be doing everything so sitting through my church meetings has been quite the hassle lately. Yeah for Nursery!!!

Hunter is growing into a young man and it blows my mind. Both he and Sadie are starting to get close to my shoulder height and it scares the dickens out of me. I can't believe how fast they are growing. He is doing great and is terrific grades in school. His teacher told us recently at Parent Teacher Conferences that he is an absolute joy and makes her smile daily. She also told us that he is very kind and accepting to all of the other kids. I am so proud to have him as my son. Recently we went to the Draper temple open house. I loved watching his expressions as he would see the different rooms. He later told me that his favorite rooms were the one where we get baptized for the dead, and he consistently reminded me that he will get to do it in 4 and a half years. He also liked the big light thing (the chandelier in the Celestial Room) and wanted to know if we could hang one in his room. I informed him that it was not possible. One more funny from Bubba, I was doing my makeup for church last Sunday and he came into my bathroom and asked why I wasn't using the spinny mascara. I was confused and asked him what he meant, he said I needed to use the spinny mascara so that my makeup didn't clump. I laughed so hard...he has seen too many commercials:) What a funny kid. Please keep him in your prayers, he is having surgery(muscle biopsy) on Tuesday to determine if he has Muscular Dystrophy.

Sadie is growing up the fastest. She is becoming a beautiful young lady. She is doing really well in school. I just need to get her and Hunter to start bringing all their papers home and turning in their homework. Hunter doesn't get graded for not turning it in for the 1st grade, but Sadie is in 3rd grade and it does count against her if she isn't turning it in. She is doing better and so is Hunter, but has given us a chance for a good lesson in being responsible and taking the consequences good or bad for our choices. Sadie was also 1 of the top 4 from her class that was able to participate in the school spelling bee. We are so proud of her. She was competing against other 3rd graders, 4th, 5th and 6th graders as well. The poor thing got rattlesnake for her first word and she forgot the letter "L" so she was out by the first round. We told her she will have plenty of opportunity to participate next year and she will do great. The other wonderful news that I have already posted before, is that we will have her sealed to us for time and all eternity on March 14th!!!
Brian and I are doing great, all things considered. We are healthy, minus some sinus and cold issues, and I keep teetering between a 25lb to 29 lb weight loss since my surgery. We have had lots of birthdays to celebrate this month including my mom and dad's which is where these two pictures were taken. The top one is of my sweetie and other men in my family. They were standing in order from shortest facial hair to longest. The order is Nathan(Natasha's BF), Seth(Mindy's Hubby), Brian:), Dad, and then Lance(my brother).
This is a picture of Lance, Mindy, Natasha and myself. We were only missing Katrina and Colton this night. Brian was laid off this last Monday so we are trying to find answers to some difficult situations we are now faced with. I have been trying to get my photography company out there for about 5 months straight now and have been attending a lot of meetings ie:networking, chamber of commerce, training sessions, etc... I love what I do and have been blessed with this talent. I have been really busy with a lot of picture appointments lately and would love more **wink wink** Mindy and Seth are joining the Air Force and will be leaving soon, we are still awaiting the details.
Everyone please let your family know how much you love them and are so grateful to be a part of their lives and vice versa...I love you all!!!

No comments: