My awesome sister Katrina gave us all Popcorn bowls that are stinking O' awesome and I wanted to properly break them in. Sadie's mom has been making caramel popcorn a lot so I thought I would take a stab at it. Yes there was again a Pinterest recipe involved.
Here is the recipe:
Caramel
Popcorn
Recipe:
1 C. Brown Sugar
1/2 cup butter
1 C. light Karo syrup
1 can sweetened condensed milk
It really is that simple.
1 C. Brown Sugar
1/2 cup butter
1 C. light Karo syrup
1 can sweetened condensed milk
It really is that simple.
All
you do is melt all the ingredients in a saucepan over medium-low heat. Once
caramel is boiling cook for approximately two minutes stirring
constantly.
If using for caramel
popcorn pour over popcorn immediately (this recipe will cover three bags of
microwave popcorn thoroughly).
Get yourself a spoon
and enjoy!
*I think it would be
so cute to put this caramel in the baby canning jars to give as gifts, just
enough for a few bowls of ice cream once opened.
Here are pictures of our process:
I didn't have a can of sweetened condensed milk so I found a substitute online and it worked just as well. Be sure to put wax paper down to keep the mess less on your cookie trays. I got a roll of wax paper at the dollar store.




2 comments:
Totally loving the bowl!!!
Ya there are three cereal size ones for each of the kids. it was her Christmas to us and we love them!
Post a Comment