Thursday, July 20, 2006

Our treck to add more members to this family:)

Some may know and some may not but Brian and I have been trying to add another member to our family for sometime now and since Hunter all we have had is a miscarriage which was a huge learning experience. I have had several surgeries some related and some not and so far I have been 8 months off the cutting block...sorry that's harsh but it's real. A grapefruit size cyst was removed from one of my ovaries in November and another one the size of a plum tried to make itself known in April/May. Fortunately it depleted on it's own and I just had to endure some pain...thank heavens for pain medication...I am a whimp at times. Then we discovered that I possibly have PCOS aka Polycystic Ovarian Disease or Syndrome. I have to eat like a diabetic, no sugar, low carbs and high protein. This is a great explanation to why I haven't been able to shed these dreadful pounds. It also explains why I can't get pregnant and why I grow fruit size cysts. Since this discovery and some prescriptions I have lost 18 pounds and am on the downhill slope. I see the OBGYN tomorrow for a follow up and he informed me that he will probably start me on Clomid, a fertility medication. We are nervous but excited for the opportunity this presents. Mom has been a stupendous help in being there to ask the right questions and to calm my fears. I love her dearly and am very grateful for her help and concern. All else is doing well except for the bumps on my shins have returned with a vengenance. I will ask Dr. Parker, my OB who delivered Hunter, if this is related at all to the female problems I have. If the question arises about the possibility of multiples because of fertility medication, according to the internet research I did there is a 5% chance that twins could be an outcome and and even lesser chance of more than twins. However there is also the factor that twins run strongly in my family and that might "up the anny". Brian and I have discussed this and are more than happy to have the blessing/challenge of twins. Sadie is requesting a sister and Hunter a brother. We tell them it is all in Heavenly Father's hands. We will keep you all posted on what unfolds with this part in our lives...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fruit Salad.... yummy, yummy!

Tashina said...

Lol I love ya:)