Thursday, October 23, 2008
A glimpse into my life, well recent life anyways
I usually get up about 7 am after I have gone back to bed after getting up with Brian at about 6. Then I spend the morning getting the kids ready for school. They are usually out the door at about 8:30. Then I feed McKadie, get her dressed for the day, play with her for a little bit before she goes down for her nap at about 10 or 10:30. Then I put a load of laundry in, load the dishwasher, check the emails and my bank account and the family website and of course some blogs, switch laundry loads, do some more house chores, make some phone calls, pay some bills, feed McKadie and myself some lunch. More house chores while McKadie plays and then the kids get home just before 4. Then it is time to divvy up the chores, for the kids it is usually feed the dogs, clean your room, help with laundry, empty the garbages, empty the dishwasher, sweep here or there. Then time for homework, but not until after it has taken me at least an hour if not more to convince them that they need to do their chores. After homework, I like to have the kids do something productive other than just watching tv. Sometimes it is a craft, sometimes it is extra reading, sometimes playing nicely with each other, and sometimes playing outside. But I am human and the tv is an easy out at times. Then we start on dinner. Grandpa usually gets home first(Brian's dad has been staying with us temporarily while he is working for his friend, poor mom is left behind in AZ to tend to the house and other crucial things) then depending on Brian's workload for the day he is usually home by 6. After dinner, family prayer, pj's, mom is pooped so get to bed:) Then Brian and I crawl into bed, turn on a show for an hour, and then sleepy time. And the day starts all over again the next day. I love being a stay at home mom and wouldn't trade it for anything. Lately my days have been filled with painting the upstairs bathroom(what a chore), running errand upon errand, flu shots, and fighting the cold house. Not that it is so exciting, but that is usually my day...the day of a mom:)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment