Hum drum de dum...
As everyone knows the economy sucks!!! We are so close to having Brian finish school and getting his journeyman's license and finally after 5 years+ become a licensed electrician. It will help our financial situation immensely. But until then I feel like we are constantly floating either right above or just below the okay line. As if things couldn't be any better(sarcasm) our dryer broke(thank you to Steve who fixed it for nothing:)), my computer broke(at least I have another) then the resevoir on the radiator in the car sprang a leak, a big one, than the furnace has gone out in the house. Okay, so the radiator isn't as bad as it could be, we just need to come up with a few extra bucks(again sarcasm) and the furnace is what has me scared to death. I don't know what is wrong. Thanks to Garth(Brian's dad) we put a new thermostat in last night thinking it would fix the problem...NOPE. So now I have to come up with some more extra bucks to get the furnace fixed. Okay so I am done with my poor little me speech, I needed to vent...again...please know that I am very grateful for all that we do have:
Brian's job
A beautiful home(I can never thank you enough Dorothy)
3 Wonderful children
A loving and supportive family(Gillman's and Wininger's)
Some very loving and unselfish and supportive nonjudgemental friends
A car that gets decent gas mileage and fits the whole family
A truck that BRian can use to get to and from work so I don't have to drive him
The gospel
The Priesthood in our home
A fire place upstairs and downstairs to attempt to keeping the house warm
Wood to burn in those fireplaces
So so so much more to be grateful for, I am just fearful of the future with the way the economy has been.
I had a family member that had a statement from President Packer that was given just recently after General Conference. There was a lot of great information and if you would like me to email you the whole talk than email me at tashina_gillman@msn.com... but something that he said stuck with me(well a couple of things):
-"Eat(use) it up, Wear it out, Make do or do without."
-"If ye are prepared, ye need not fear."
-2 Nephi 9:51
He also said some great things about paying your tithing. If you want the info let me know.
1 comment:
Life can be so stressful at times! We've had several experiences lately where I felt that we have been really blessed financially. You have such a cheerful, happy attitute. I know you will be blessed too.
Post a Comment